You may not yet have heard, but the long-anticipated draft hemp rule is out and the New Mexico Department of Agriculture (NMDA) is seeking public comment on this rule throughout the state during the month of October. We’ve submitted a letter through snail mail and would urge you to either write a letter, write an email, or attend one of the several events taking place throughout New Mexico.
This is an important issue for hemp advocates and CBD enthusiasts alike. As industries that are on the rise, hemp has the potential to help transform parts of New Mexico’s economy. The potential impact is likely staggering, so getting the growing and cultivation rules right out of the gates, and having a fairly non-restrictive rule, can help put New Mexico in the forefront of a burgeoning industry that has the potential to outsize so many others at this point in the game. CBD alone is predicted to grow to a $22 billion industry by 2022.
The full text of the text of the proposed rule is on the NMDA website. Please, make your voices heard and let the NMDA know that you want a hemp rule that is fair, unrestricted, and will help grow New Mexico’s economy.
- Friday, October 12 in Las Cruces at 2 p.m. at NMDA, located at 3190 S. Espina, Las Cruces, NM 88001
- Monday, October 15 in Espanola at 1 p.m. at Espanola Library Conference Room, located at 313 N. Paseo De Onate, Española, NM 87532
- Monday, October 15 in Albuquerque at 6 p.m. at Los Griegos Center, located at 1231 Candelaria Rd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87107
- Tuesday, October 16 in Portales at 11 a.m. at Portales Chamber of Commerce (Basement Classroom), located at 100 S. Ave A, Portales, NM 88130
- Tuesday, October 16 in Carlsbad at 6 p.m. at River Walk Recreation Center – Power House Room, located at 400 River Walk Drive, Carlsbad NM 88220